In 2017, the P&C received a $30,000 Community Building Partnership grant from the NSW State Government. The funds have enabled us to provide a much needed upgrade to our canteen, which was built in the early 1950s. With the grant money, we have:
- completed a crucial electrical upgrade – to bring it up to date, make sure it’s safe, and doesn’t cut out!
- bought new, more reliable and efficient appliances – two new freezers, a stove/oven that works (!), a fridge and a dishwasher,
- installed a new instant hot water unit – a big thank you to the Swindons for their donation last year,
- repaired the plumbing,
- replaced the old, creaky roller doors,
- installed new flyscreens and replaced the screen door, and
- improved the storage and cupboard spaces.
We will also undertake some more cosmetic improvements over the next few months.
It’s been a big project, and many thanks to Sev for her continued co-ordination of the canteen. The canteen provides nutritious meals to our students every week, and raises valuable funds for our school community. With these important safety and efficiency upgrades, the canteen is good for another 60 years’ faithful service!