The P&C held its final meeting for 2019 last week to wrap up what has been a busy and productive year. Thank you to all the members of our school community who have helped make 2019 a great year. With your support our P&C in 2019 ….
|– Raised nearly $40,000 to invest in our school
– Worked with our local community to seek donations and sponsorships from 65 local businesses
– Invested over $90,000 into school projects and resources
|Contributed to our school through
– Welfare grant for school chaplaincy program
– Financial contributions to support students representing JEPS at zone, regional and state across sport, band, dance and choir
– Financial support trust funds
– Funding for Stage 1 build of the playground
|– Co-ordinated events and fundraising activities with support from over 90 families at Movie Night; Trivia Night; Bunnings BBQ; Election BBQs; Mothers’ and Fathers’ day stalls; Cake stalls, book stalls
– Ongoing activities including School Canteen, Uniform Shop, Book Club, School Banking
|– Advocated and lobbied the NSW State Government for new hall
– Represented parents at JEPS School Council
– Progressed our school playground project with Department of Education with the tender recently closed and to be announced
Next year looks to be another big year for JEPS, with the highly anticipated commencement of the build for Stage 1 of our playground project. Shamus Toomey will also represent the P&C at planning meetings regarding the school hall build.
We will also be seeking a volunteer to take over the role of Scholastic Book Club orders for our school. A huge thanks to Ajshe Pritchard, who has co-ordinated this for JEPS over the last four years. During this time, the program has funded $8,000 worth of books and resources for our school library. Ajshe will be available to hand over the ropes to someone who is keen to take on this role for 2020.
We hope you will join us for our first meeting on Tuesday 11th February, with our Annual General Meeting starting at 7pm, followed by our regular meeting at 7:30pm. We welcome new members and look forward to your suggestions and feedback.
On behalf of the JEPS P&C, I wish you all a very merry Christmas and holiday period. We hope you have the opportunity to spend time with family and friends and enjoy some down time after a busy school year.
P&C President and the P&C Executive and Committee members